So I somehow didn’t get inspired enough to create a sketch for today, and Sketch-On-Saturday went awry, but I have been very busy in the creative zone. Creating more Christmas cards (which I’ll share over the next day or two!) but also finishing off a little project to organise my Nesties better!
I had the idea for this a few weeks ago and with my materials gathered together, I started last weekend. Wanna see the grand reveal? Here it is!
I took the glass out of a few mismatched picture frames and painted them with acryclic paints. I mixed up an aqua, light jade green and white, and just roughly painted the frames so they all have a rustic, not-all-together-blended look, to keep with the fact that the frame styles aren’t matching.
While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled over a good dusting of Glamour Dust for a fabby glittery finish. Shame it doesn’t show up in my photo!
Then I picked out some fun papers from my stash and used redline tape to fix some strips cut from magnetic sheets to the backboards of each frame.
I wish afterwards that I’d planned the positions of where my Nesties would ‘sit’ on the magnetic strips so I could have optimised the positions for the strips to hold the Nesties in place. Some of the die sets needed a bit of extra magnetic strip to make sure they stay secure, but I’m really pleased with how they’ve come out.
I spent this morning hanging them on the wall above my craft desk so now my Nesties are all orgainsed and within easy reach – and of course you’ll notice too that I made sure to leave plenty of space (even a spare frame!) for more Nestie sets to expand my collection!!! Hehe!
Back soon with lots of card ideas to share, take care, Rx